- 1 Lb Italian Sausage (hot or mild)
- 1 Lb Cremini Mushrooms
- 5 Cloves Garlic, Chopped Fine
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 1 Tsp Dried Parsley
- Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
- De-stem mushrooms and finely chop the stems.Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat skillet over Medium-high heat, add chopped mushroom stems, Italian sausage and garlic. Cook until sausage is cooked through. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, and parsley. Mix until well incorporated.
- Once the sausage has cooled, add it to the cream cheese mixture. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Spoon heaping mounds of the stuffing mixture into each mushroom cap. Bake on middle rack for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup Parmesan cheese over the top of mushrooms. Broil on high 3-5 minutes, or until Parmesan is golden brown. Enjoy!