- Start by heating your waffle maker.
- Mix chaffle ingredients well and separate in half if using a mini waffle maker.
- Lightly spray waffle maker with oil, add batter into waffle maker and cook chaffles for 5 minutes or until desired crispness is achieved.
- Heat medium skillet to medium heat. Add broken up sausage and start heating through . Add cream cheese and stir until melted with the sausage. Add heavy cream, pepper, crushed red pepper and xanthan gum and mix well until combined and starting to thicken. Remove from heat. Salt to taste.
- Tear the chaffles into bite sized pieces. Top with sausage gravy and enjoy!
We recommend using this waffle maker since it makes perfect bread slice size chaffles and most of the chaffle recipes will be for 2 of these mini chaffles.