- 4 Cups Almond Flour
- 1 Cup Granulated Sweetener
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp Syrup
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sweetener
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Egg White Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 Cup Warm Water (for thinning the icing)
- For the cookies, preheat oven to 275F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, sweetener, coconut flour,
ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt and cloves.
- Stir in eggs, butter, syrup and vanilla extract until dough comes together.
dough in half and turn out first half onto a large piece of parchment
paper. Top with another piece of parchment and roll out out about 1/4
- Use cookie cutters to cut into desired shapes and
gently loosen and lift with an offset spatula. Place onto prepared
- Gather up scraps and reroll until too little is left to roll out. Repeat with second half of dough.
20 minutes or until golden brown and just firm to the touch. Remove and
let cool 5 minutes on pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool
- For the royal icing, in a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sweetener, meringue powder and xanthan gum.
- Add water and stir until smooth. Add more water 1 teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
- Pipe icing onto cooled cookies and let set 30 minutes or longer. Enjoy!